Spring is in the air, finally! Today’s high temperature is 70 degrees. Easter holiday is coming up this weekend, the grass is growing, pollen is heavy and many air conditioning systems are getting turned on for the first time this season! Schedule air conditioning service with All Seasons in the early spring to make sure your system is ready for months of Virginia hot weather. Spring will not last long in the Fredericksburg, VA area region. Summer heat will be here soon, be ready! All Seasons will inspect and test the air handler, compressor, coils and other components. Here are just a few tasks that should be completed each spring:
- Remove leaves, sticks and debris that have collected around the outdoor unit, compressor and refrigerant lines.
- Clean the evaporator and condenser coils
- Measure and adjust refrigerant levels if needed
- Remove dust from air-handling components
- Lubricate the blower motor as directed
- Examine refrigerant lines and valves
- Inspect belts for wear
MONTHLY HVAC MAINTENANCE TASKS
Before performing air conditioning maintenance, consult the owner’s manual. Follow all maintenance guidelines provided by the manufacturer. Here are a few tasks that you can complete yourself.
- Inspect the return air filter every month, and replace it as needed
- Keep vegetation 18 inches away from each side of the outdoor unit
- Clean debris away from the compressor to maintain proper airflow
- Tell your technician if you hear any unusual noises
Not really sure how to maintain your hvac system, call All Seasons Heating & Air Conditioning today. Our friendly, professional techs will come out and offer a free estimate for seasonal maintenance and or service.
Serving all of Fredericksburg, Stafford, Spotsylvania, and Woodbridge, VA!